Sunday, September 23, 2012

I dream of a clean kitchen..

Well, it started with a cup of coffee. I had to rinse out the coffee maker from yesterday because I forgot to do that last night. Then realized the whole thing could use a cleaning, so i did that. Then while that was brewing I realized how gross it had gotten under the dish drying rack. So I pulled that apart and cleaned it. And oh, where did that blue stain come from on the counter? May as well spray that and try to scrub it off. And while I'm at it, why not scrub the walls behind the sink and all around it. A point to make, this is just a really old upstairs apartment and who knows who lived here before we did. The stove will never be clean because so much grease is just burnt into it. Along with the wall behind the stove. I've scrubbed at it. A lot. With whatever cleaners I could find. So I don't look at it too much. Ok, back to the sink issue. I was able to scrub the sink itself and got it back to mostly stainless steel, at least where it wasn't worn thru to the green layer underneath. One point for me. I scrubbed at the counter and the dish rack, the water stains just were not gonna go away. Neither were most of the grease stains on the wall. This kitchen will never be clean the way I want it to be. No matter what I scrub into it or scrape off it or polish it with. So rinse everything off, prop up the dish rack in the sink to dry. Me: 1 Kitchen: 1.
And now it ends with me in my room, which is cleaner than that nasty kitchen, with my cup of coffee. the rest of the dishes and my plan to clean the kitchen can wait.

I am so looking forward to moving soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment